FRESH! ORGANIC! LOCAL!
CATERING FOR THE NORTHEAST KINGDOM
We cater lunches, office parties, weddings and most any event you need to have catered—large or small—in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. We are equipped to prepare and serve on-site or bring prepared dishes to you—always fresh, healthy and on time.
- Portable outdoor kitchen, commercial grill and stove, tent set-ups
- Vegetarian and allergy specific meal options
- Our first choice is for local, organic veggies and Vermont-made products
- See our full menu options and a sample luncheon menu
- CUSTOMIZE your menu to suit your taste or leave it to us. We go out of our way to make sure your event is special and just the way you want it.
We also provide:
- Paper plates, cups, napkins, utensils, buffet table coverings, clean-up
- Wait staff to serve your guests
- Contact us to discuss your event and receive a quote
LET US CATER YOUR WEDDING!
We go out of our way to ensure your reception is special and matches what you've dreamed of ...
- We use locally grown organic ingredients whenever possible from farms such as Joe's Brook Farm and Too Little Farm in Barnet
- We will coordinate our set-up to your wedding theme
- Check out our sample menu: Wedding Reception
- Contact us to discuss options and schedule a tasting
"The food was AMAZING. People talk to me about the food more than almost anything else from the wedding! Hope you are having a great fall season!" ~Becky read more reviews ›
We'd Love to Cater Your Event!
Tell us what you need and we'll quote you a price:
We are your “friendly farmers market lunch ladies” and you can find us serving up our signature wraps, soups, salads and sweets in the Northeast Kingdom at:
- St. Johnsbury Farmers Market: Every Saturday, 9am - 1pm
- Danville Farmers Market: Every Wednesday, 9am - 1pm
- Kingdom Trails, East Burke (E. Darling Hill Rd): every weekend
The healthiest lunch is made at the farmers market! We purchase our fresh produce from the farmers at the market and prepare them on site.
KINGDOM TRAILS TRAILSIDE
Attention All Cyclists: We will be at the bottom of Old Webs once again this season serving up a splendid menu of garden fresh wraps, sandwiches and more!
- Every Sat and Sun 11am-3pm: May 18 through October 13
- Build Your Own Sandwich or Wrap!
- Menu Sampling: VT Natural Turkey, VT Maple Ham, Grilled Chicken, Our Signature Hummus, VT Cabot Cheese, Veggie Burgers, Salads, Energy Balls, Homemade Granola Bars, Lotsa Cookies and Trail Mix, Lotsa Beverages
- We use fresh, organic produce that is locally grown
- Cash only, please
In collaboration with Kingdom Trails, Meadow View Farm and The Downings.
MARKET CAFÉ MENUS
PDF format—download and print:
- BBQ Party
- Wedding Receptions
- Baked Goods
- Sample Luncheon Menu
OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
"Sharon and Judy are a pleasure to work with. They are receptive , imaginative, reliable and reasonably priced. For our museum events we have consistently gotten fresh and creative hors d'oeuvres and desserts—from maple walnut bars to mango shrimp wonton cups—and a bill that fits our non-profit budget. Their astronomy cookies in planet shapes, some with glitter, some with silver frosting, and their Rocket Fire Roasted Vegetables and Galactic Curried Chicken, for our Planetarium Opening, were a great hit. I always get a prompt and friendly response in all of our communications. Thank you Market Café!"
Virginia Platt, Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
"Thank you, Sharon and Judy! Your food was beyond delicious, with fresh and local flavors and an attention to preparation that gave us the sense that you were cooking one plate at a time. Our wedding guests raved about the food for days! Thank you for making our wedding feast wonderfully memorable."
Jenny Bruell, Burke Mountain Academy
"Market Cafe's catering always brings rave reviews from our stars and crew alike! They are flexible, accommodating, and wonderful to work with on events that are often stressful with changing needs at the last minute. Their use of local ingredients and creative flair fit right in with our mission."
Tim Mikovitz, Kingdom County Productions
We enjoyed all parts of working with you. Meeting you at the Farmer's Market and seeing all the fresh, local produce you use, coming into your beautiful home to sample some of the options—it was so hard to decide because everything was delicious. You were willing to work with us to change the menu a few different times to accommodate various needs. You accommodated several food allergies. Everyone raved about the food and every time someone talks about the wedding, the food was the highlight. Everyone said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. If we need a caterer for any camp event in the future, you'll be our go-to duo :) —friendly, open, flexible, caring—amazing local food!
Rob and Becky Wipfler, Kingswood Camp for Boys
Some Northeast Kingdom businesses we have catered for:
Fairbanks Museum, University of Vermont, Caledonia Supervisory Union, Area Agency on Aging, St. Johnsbury Family Health Center, Community Justice Center, Northern Vermont RC&D Forestry Council, Kingdom County Productions, Catamount Arts.
Notable people we have catered for:
LeeAnn Rimes, Clint Black, Arlo Guthrie, Buddy Guy, Paula Poundstone.
ABOUT MARKET CAFÉ AND CATERING
Sharon Eustace has been in the restaurant business since age 14. She started at the bottom bussing tables and worked her way throughout the restaurant business. Following four years at the Pub Outback, she traveled and then returned to Vermont to work under Head Chef Kirsten Lohr at the Inn at Mountain View Creamery. It was at this point that Sharon really learned how to cook for large parties and elaborate weddings. All of this has prepared her to put her front-of-the-house talents, paired with her passion for cooking, to work at the Market Café where she prepares wraps and salads to order for many hungry customers.
Judy Brown worked for a local bank for a number of years. She then decided to follow her passion for food and moved to North Carolina to attend Culinary Arts School where she graduated with Honors. Her first year of internship was spent at Highlands Country Club where she learned how to put on large and elaborate weddings. She then took a winter job for an upscale restaurant in Beaver Creek, Colorado before being lured back to The Highlands to supervise a separate restaurant and become a sous chef. After four years, she returned to Vermont to be with her family and start Market Café with Sharon.
Market Café and Catering Facts: Commercial Catering License, On-Site Fair Stand License, No Liquor License, Fully Insured, Limited Liability Corporation